Menudo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikelana
Admin
Mikelana

Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] Empty
PostSubject: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:26 am

Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] Vffkn9

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: Leaving
Chapter 2: Forget & Forgotten
Chapter 3: Simple Connection

Last edited by Mikelana on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TuCraZy13iTch
Almost a fan
TuCraZy13iTch

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 8:36 pm

well ummm write more soon
Back to top Go down
Mikelana
Admin
Mikelana

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 pm

lol. I plan on posting the prologue when it's March Break, because I'm really busy.
Back to top Go down
TuCraZy13iTch
Almost a fan
TuCraZy13iTch

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:23 pm

o0o ok i understand
Back to top Go down
Mikelana
Admin
Mikelana

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:51 pm

Chapter 1
LEAVING

“I wish you didn’t have to go.” He spoke. I wish he knew that I didn’t have to, but I wanted to. He was my best friend and still is, but that is all he wants to be. Just friends. I guess he had a point that being best friends wouldn’t cause problems. For me, however it did. For years being close to him; having him make me feel like we were more than friends and even his friends thinking we were a couple. Although others can see us together, he just doesn’t. I’ve decided that it was best that I moved back with my mother. I told my father that I needed my mother to support me now that I’m of age to have the mother talk. He happily understood. I gave my last goodbye to Carlos as I stood at the steps of the house that I had always visited after school and during the weekend then headed towards the car. “Bye.” I whispered and closed the door to my side. “Are you sure you want to leave all of this behind?” My dad asked hesitantly. “I’m sure.” I looked over, eye to eye and smiled reassuringly. He started up the car and drove off as Carlos waved till I was out of sight.

The time felt like it was ticking to the beat of my heart as I sat waiting for my train to be boarded. I took out my laptop in the meantime and I had already received an email.

To: Haley
Hey I'm really going to miss you. I hope you come home soon. Things won't be the same anymore now that you're gone. Anyways, please come back soon!
Love,
Carlos

I felt tears form in my eyes. I was only leaving to move on. To forget about him, let him be. I can’t be just best friends with the guy I feel compatible with. Why does he have to make me feel so torn? ‘Love, Carlos.’ I stared at the screen one last time and clicked reply. I paused to think of something to write.

To: Carlos
I’ll miss you too.
Love,
Haley

My train was called to board passengers. I quickly turned off my laptop, grabbed my bag and headed on to the train. My seat was right beside the window. As I looked out at the view of Chicago’s Train Station, I bit my bottom lip to stop the vigorous tears starting to flow.

“Yo Haley!” Carlos called out.

“What?” I asked, annoyed from being interrupted while reading my all time favourite book; Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

“You’re supposed to help me out here.” He said staring down at me as I watched his hand covered with mud from ruining his mother’s garden.

“Me? What did I do? It’s not my fault that you couldn’t catch a slow throw from a football.” I spoke.

“You said you’d help if I got the book for you.” He bribed

“Well… I’ve waited three months for this book.” I admitted.

“Hales… you can wait another hour, now come on!” he said.

“All right, all right.” I gave up. I got up and walked over to him, placing on garden gloves and picked up a shovel.

“What do you want me to do?” I asked.

“Dig.” He said.

We dug holes in the ground for an hour and decided to take a break before placing the flowers in it’s new home.

“Let’s go for a swim.” He said.

“Huh? Now?”

“It’s really hot and my pool looks nice and refreshing to swim in, so how about it?” He tried to persuade me. After all, it was scorching hot.

“I seriously don’t think it’s a good idea, Carlos. What if your mom comes home and the garden isn’t done.” I turned the persuasion like I was the superego and he the ego.

“Oh stop being too uptight.” He smiled. I watched in confusion picturing Carlos in his swim bottoms, but he just took off his gloves. I took off mine and he jumped into the pool.

“Are you joking?” I was shocked, he jumped into the pool fully cloth and filled with mud but before I could say anymore he pulled me in. Down in the deep end, I sunk and by the time I surfaced he grabbed me tightly.

“Don’t worry, I’m here for you, you won’t drown.” Carlos tried to seem like a lifeguard. He was good at it and very gorgeous like in the movies. It felt too real; the perfect moment for a kiss. Instead he smiled and said, “I would never let my best friend drown.”

My heart tore again, leaving me with a frown yet he still held his smile.

Please remain seated; we are now arriving at New York. I did as instructed and sighed at the flashback.
Back to top Go down
Mikelana
Admin
Mikelana

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Chapter 2
FORGET & FORGOTTEN

I greeted my mother like I was seeing her for the first time in years even though she came to visit two months ago. “We’re going to have tons of fun, but first you have to get settled. You’ll like it here in New York.” My mom believed. I just hope so. We arrived at the doorsteps of her house. Beautiful like in the magazines for tourist going to the city that never sleeps. I was guided to my room, which was the guest room my mother rented out while I chose to stay with my father.

“Haley honey, I enrolled you in the school down the street so you start tomorrow, we’ll postpone our shopping plans. Just unpack and rest, we’ll go supply shopping after school so you know what you’ll need.” My mother announced. I just smiled too tired to complain. School, who needs school.

As soon as my mother left I went to check my email and yet again there was one message.

To: Haley
I’ll miss you too. Love, Hales. 6 words were all I get? Where’s the love? Haley, I hope you come back!!! Anyways, have fun in New York without me!

Hugs,
Carlos

‘Where’s the love?’ If only he knew that it was with him all along. I couldn’t stare at the screen of my sad depressing email no longer so I turned it off and went back to unpack. I felt anger build up inside as I held every item that I took out of my bag for a minute from the reminiscence of Carlos. I moved out just to forget about him, this is seriously no fair. Suddenly my phone vibrated in my pocket causing me to leap off my bed. I pulled it out and read the text message.

Haley!! You’ve missed what just happened. You know the audition for Making Menudo; well they called me like two minutes ago telling me that I got a call back! Can you believe it? You were right. If you hadn’t believed in me, I wouldn’t have made it! I wish you were here to celebrate with me. I miss you already!

Love,
Carlos

I scrunched my face and tossed the phone on to my bed. I was happy that he got a call back, but if I’m going to forget him I’ve got to stop talking to him. Thus, I stopped replying to his messages.

The next morning came, the day I was supposed to dread school. Truthfully I was looking forward to the new. My mom dropped me off, stayed till I signed in and I headed off to my first class, shoeing her away in the opposite direction.

I took a seat at an empty desk not so far away from the teacher’s desk yet it was still empty. I looked around the class feeling awkward; I wasn’t good at making friends unless I wanted to, but otherwise no one ever talks to me.

I opened my notebook that I brought from home to use as a note taker and fidgeted with my pencil.

“You’re in my seat.” Said a voice, was he talking to me? I looked up and his calm hazel brown eyes hit me like I was looking into Carlos’ eyes, however this guy had medium length brown hair. “I’m sorry.” I said closing my book and shoving it quickly in my bag but his arm touched my shoulder sending cold shivers down my spin. “No, it’s alright. You’re new here. I’ll just sit here.” He pointed to the seat next to me.

I smiled pleased that he wasn’t going to hate me just for taking his seat. “Thanks.”
Back to top Go down
TuCraZy13iTch
Almost a fan
TuCraZy13iTch

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:00 pm

hmmm i wonder who is this guy she just met?....and i agree if she's goin to forget about carlos she gotta stop talkin to him....i loved it write more soon
Back to top Go down
xomelissaxo

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 8:16 pm

wow.
you have natural talent.
the best fan fic i've ever read
=]
Back to top Go down
Mikelana
Admin
Mikelana

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:43 am

hehehe. Thanks. XD
Back to top Go down
TuCraZy13iTch
Almost a fan
TuCraZy13iTch

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 8:04 pm

upz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]   Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana] Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Love is a Lie [Written By: Mikelana]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Menudo Forum :: General Topics :: General Archive-
Jump to: